Lately, I’ve been asking God for some very specific things related to the delivery. Here are some of them.
- That my hubby will be at home (and not at work) when I have to be rushed to the hospital
- That when we arrive at the hospital, I will be dilated enough that I can go straight to the delivery room instead of having to hang around in pain or being sent home (my sister was sent home when she first went to KK Hospital two years ago, because she was only about 2 or 3 cm dilated)
- That when we arrive at the hospital, I will still be able to get an epidural (my sister was way too dilated when she returned to KK Hospital the next day that there wasn’t enough time for epidural anymore)
- That I would know how to push and breathe correctly, and that the baby will be out in less than two hours via normal delivery (so that we won’t have to pay for additional charges)
- That my hubby would remember to use our UOB credit card and get it on 0% installment for 6 months
- That I will be able to 100% breastfeed our baby (my mother had no milk, but my sister was able to breastfeed her daughters for at least 6 months)
- That I will be strong and calm during the whole ordeal, and not crabby or scared or hysterical
- That I would have everything we need in the hospital bag (I’m so worried about forgetting anything – and just tonight, my hubby and I remembered that we forgot to pack our new digital camera which we bought specifically for the delivery)
Let’s see how it goes… Lord, Your will be done.