Favorite Peeta Quotes from The Hunger Games

The Hunger Games is currently my favorite guilty pleasure. I read the first two books of the trilogy repeatedly for almost a week, and I can’t wait till Mockingjay comes out in August. When I first read The Hunger Games and Catching Fire, I was more involved in the action – the quest to survive, the violence and all that. On my second reading, I started noticing the romance. Lately, I’ve been noticing more of the humor. For such a dark book, there are portions that made me literally laugh out loud. You have to hand it to the baker’s son to always say something funny. Here are some of my favorite Peeta Mellark quotes from the first book.

“What about you? I’ve seen you in the market. You can lift hundred pound bags of flour,” I snap at him. “Tell him that. That’s not nothing.”

“Yes, and I’m sure the arena will be full of bags of flour for me to chuck at people.”

Then we move on to camouflage. Peeta genuinely seems to enjoy this station, swirling a combination of mud and clay and berry juices around on his pale skin, weaving disguises from vines and leaves. The trainer who runs the camouflage station is full of enthusiasm at his work.

“I do the cakes,” he admits to me.

“The cakes?” I ask. I’ve been preoccupied with watching the boy from District 2 send a spear through a dummy’s heart from fifteen yards. “What cakes?”

“At home. The iced ones, for the bakery,” he says….

“It’s lovely. If only you could frost someone to death,” I say.

“Don’t be so superior. You can never tell what you’ll find in the arena. Say it’s actually a gigantic cake —” begins Peeta.

“Really, is anything less impressive than watching a person pick up a heavy ball and throw it a couple of yards. One almost landed on my foot.”

Caesar asks him if he has a girlfriend back home.

Peeta hesitates, then gives an unconvincing shake of his head.

“Handsome lad like you. There must be some special girl. Come on, what’s her name?” says Caesar.

Peeta sighs. “Well, there is this one girl. I’ve had a crush on her ever since I can remember. But I’m pretty sure she didn’t know I was alive until the reaping.”

Sounds of sympathy from the crowd. Unrequited love they can relate to.

“She have another fellow?” asks Caesar.

“I don’t know, but a lot of boys like her,” says Peeta.

“So, here’s what you do. You win, you go home. She can’t turn you down then, eh?” says Caesar encouragingly.

“I don’t think it’s going to work out. Winning . . . won’t help in my case,” says Peeta.

“Why ever not?” says Caesar, mystified.

Peeta blushes beet red and stammers out. “Because… because… she came here with me.”

“What’s going on?” says Effie, a note of hysteria in her voice. “Did you fall?”

“After she shoved me,” says Peeta as Effie and Cinna help him up.

“She’s just worried about her boyfriend,” says Peeta gruffly, tossing away a bloody piece of the urn.

My cheeks burn again at the thought of Gale. “I don’t have a boyfriend.”

“Whatever,” says Peeta. “But I bet he’s smart enough to know a bluff when he sees it. Besides you didn’t say you loved me. So what does it matter?”

My foot has just broken the surface of the water when I hear a voice.

“You here to finish me off, sweetheart?”

I whip around. It’s come from the left, so I can’t pick it up very well. And the voice was hoarse and weak. Still, it must have been Peeta. Who else in the arena would call me sweetheart?

My eyes peruse the bank, but there’s nothing. Just mud, the plants, the base of the rocks.

“Peeta?” I whisper. “Where are you?” There’s no answer. Could I just have imagined it? No, I’m certain it was real and very close at hand, too. “Peeta?” I creep along the bank.

“Well, don’t step on me.”

I jump back. His voice was right under my feet. Still there’s nothing. Then his eyes open, unmistakably blue in the brown mud and green leaves. I gasp and am rewarded with a hint of white teeth as he laughs.

It’s the final word in camouflage. Forget chucking weights around. Peeta should have gone into his private session with the Gamemakers and painted himself into a tree. Or a boulder. Or a muddy bank full of weeds.

“Close your eyes again,” I order. He does, and his mouth, too, and completely disappears. Most of what I judge to be his body is actually under a layer of mud and plants. His face and arms are so artfully disguised as to be invisible. I kneel beside him. “I guess all those hours decorating cakes paid off.”

Peeta smiles. “Yes, frosting. The final defense of the dying.”

Within minutes of pressing the handful of chewed-up green stuff into the wound, pus begins running down the side of his leg. I tell myself this is a good thing and bite the inside of my cheek hard because my breakfast is threatening to make a reappearance.

“Katniss?” Peeta says. I meet his eyes, knowing my face must be some shade of green. He mouths the words. “How about that kiss?”

I burst out laughing because the whole thing is so revolting I can’t stand it.

“Something wrong?” he asks a little too innocently.

“You’re such a bad liar, Katniss. I don’t know how you’ve survived this long.” He begins to mimic me. “I knew that goat would be a little gold mine. You’re a little cooler though. Of course, I’m not going. He shakes his head. “Never gamble at cards. You’ll lose your last coin,” he says.

“Tomorrow’s a hunting day,” I say.

“I won’t be much help with that,” Peeta says. “I’ve never hunted before.”

“I’ll kill and you cook,” I say. “And you can always gather.”

“I wish there was some sort of bread bush out there,” says Peeta.

“Peeta,” I say lightly. “You said at the interview you’d had a crush on me forever. When did forever start?”

“Oh, let’s see. I guess the first day of school. We were five. You had on a red plaid dress and your hair . . . it was in two braids instead of one. My father pointed you out when we were waiting to line up,” Peeta says.

“Your father? Why?” I ask.

“He said, ‘See that little girl? I wanted to marry her mother, but she ran off with a coal miner,’” Peeta says.

“What? You’re making that up!” I exclaim.

“No, true story,” Peeta says. “And I said, ‘A coal miner? Why did she want a coal miner if she could’ve had you?’ And he said, ‘Because when he sings . . . even the birds stop to listen.’”

“That’s true. They do. I mean, they did,” I say. I’m stunned and surprisingly moved, thinking of the baker telling this to Peeta. It strikes me that my own reluctance to sing, my own dismissal of music might not really be that I think it’s a waste of time. It might be because it reminds me too much of my father.

“So that day, in music assembly, the teacher asked who knew the valley song. Your hand shot right up in the air. She stood you up on a stool and had you sing it for us. And I swear, every bird outside the windows fell silent,” Peeta says.

“Oh, please,” I say, laughing.

“No, it happened. And right when your song ended, I knew — just like your mother — I was a goner,” Peeta says. “Then for the next eleven years, I tried to work up the nerve to talk to you.”

“Without success,” I add.

“Without success. So, in a way, my name being drawn in the reaping was a real piece of luck,” says Peeta.

Peeta wriggles back inside, his face lit up like the sun. “I guess Haymitch finally got tired of watching us starve.”

A disturbing thought hits me. “But then, our only neighbor will be Haymitch!”

“Ah, that’ll be nice,” says Peeta, tightening his arms around me. “You and me and Haymitch. Very cozy. Picnics, birthdays, long winter nights around the fire retelling old Hunger Games’ tales.”

“I told you, he hates me!” I say, but I can’t help laughing at the image of Haymitch becoming my new pal.

“Only sometimes. When he’s sober, I’ve never heard him say one negative thing about you,” says Peeta.

“He’s never sober!” I protest.

“That’s right. Who am I thinking of? Oh, I know. It’s Cinna who likes you. But that’s mainly because you didn’t try to run when he set you on fire,” says Peeta. “On the other hand, Haymitch . . . well, if I were you, I’d avoid Haymitch completely. He hates you.”

“I thought you said I was his favorite,” I say.

“He hates me more,” says Peeta. “I don’t think people in general are his sort of thing.”

“So do we hunt on empty stomachs to give us an edge?”

“Not us,” I say. “We stuff ourselves to give us staying power.”

“It was all for the Games,” Peeta says. “How you acted.”

“Not all of it,” I say, tightly holding onto my flowers.

“Then how much? No, forget that. I guess the real question is what’s going to be left when we get home?” he says.

“I don’t know. The closer we get to District Twelve, the more confused I get,” I say. He waits, for further explanation, but none’s forthcoming.

“Well, let me know when you work it out,” he says, and the pain in his voice is palpable.

UPDATE: You can also check out my favorite Peeta quotes from Catching Fire here and my favorite Peeta and Katniss moments from Mockingjay here.

333 Comments Add yours

1. Jess says:

Okay well first of all, I love Gale, but I’m not “Team Gale” because Gale is not right for Katniss. In that way at least. He’s right for her as a best friend who knows her even more than she knows herself. Who can predict her next move and even know what she’s thinking. Gale is sweet and really cares about Katniss, and in Mockingjay, when he seems really violent, he’s trying to protect the people he loves, which is a natural instinct. Yes, he did kill people but he also saved people. Look at the Capitol, they killed at least 1,700 people from all 75 games, yet you call Gale a killer. Get your facts straight. But Peeta, man how can you not love him. He was practically made for Katniss and they obviously love each other. They understand one another pretty well and are fairly happy (it seems) at the end of Mockingjay. And even though Katniss was just playing a part at first (pretending that she loved him), in Catching Fire, when he hits that force field and she’s screaming for him, you can tell she loves him. She needs him even if she didn’t want to admit it. Amazing books, and if you’re as emotionally attached to these characters/books/fictional events as I am, then very sad, depressing, heartbreaking, perfect books

2. Mrs. Mellark says:

TEAM PEETA FOREVER!!!

3. SOWHAT says:

who says we need a team Peeta o Gale. their both great!!

4. Donaji says:

I guess, you could put this quote (I´m sorry if it’s not literal I read in spanish and I’m translating it)
    – You didn’t had nigthmares- Said Peeta
    -Excuseme?
    Tonight, you didn’t had nigthmares…
    … Peeta, tell me, why I never know when you have nightmares?
    -No idea, I believe that I don’t scream, no move, no nothing, I just wake up pretrified.
    -You shoould wake me up-
    -It´s no necesary, my nightmares are used to be about loosing you, so they wen over when you are by my side.

5. Mrs. PeetaMellark!!! says:

Exactly! I think the team Edward team Jacob stuff is just stupid! Why bring that to the Hunger Games!?

6. claireeverdeen says:

I love The Hunger Games. But I guess I have to say that I love Peeta more. He is the PERFECT guy. How I wish he exists in real life….

7. Tori says:

I luv the hunger games!!!! The best books ever!!! Team Peeta all the way baby!!!! I mean who is team Gale? Um NO ONE!!!! 😀

1. ekaynl says:

i dont freakin care about that crud TEAM HAYMITCH or TEAM EFFIE for all i care!!!!!!!!

8. Unkownymous says:

Thank you so much! ♥ This blog rock 🙂

9. Anonymous says:

My crush is exactly like Peeta 🙂

10. tamara says:

at first i liked gale way better because peeta’s name is like pita bread which is kind of a fail name…
    also gale is more manly and masculine and all that
    but then by book three I realized what a sweetheart peeta is despite his questionable orientation during teh first two books hahaa….
    aw peeta <3

11. mammy says:

nice quotes peoplw and josh is the dream guys for me:0

12. Kennedy says:

Oh my gosh josh Hudgerson is sooo h0t!!!

13. amy says:

i am in love with peeta (josh)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. Kimberly Ann says:

can somebody tell me where i can get a guy like Peeta? I find it cruel and unfair that these authors always imagine these perfect but nonexistent characters to play the male lead. It leaves us young adolescent females incompetent to form a relationship in the real world. sigh.

15. Dizzy says:

the awkward thing is my original name is peeta…

16. peeta!! says:

sorry….

17. peeta!! says:

u can b a peeta fan without hating gail! i love peeta & am really happy that katness and gail r 2gether but all those ppl who saidthey hate gail? u r rly exagerating! katness and gail were best friends for a really long time before she even met peeta! she even sais in the book she loves both of them but the auther had to get rid of one of them so she did the whole thing with gail and prim…but you dont know if it was rly gails bomb at the end that killed her or the capitols and even if it was gails it was an accident! gail in the book is an amazing person and friend for katness and when she went to the hunger games he took care of her family making sure they dont starve getting them food! just cuz u like peeta dosent mean u have 2 hate gail! theyre both great friens for her with diffrent persunalities and views of life! i LOVE peeta but i like gail 2…there dosent have 2 b “team peeta” or “team gail” im for “team peeta and gail” 🙂

1. evelyn says:

you spelled gale wrong

18. peetaforever says:

I love Peeta Mellark he is amazing and he always is there for katniss and he know he needs to help her win.
    He is soo cute!! i am so TEAM PEETA! when i read the books i couldnt wait for the film and that was 2 years ago<3
    me and my friend are obsessed by the books and the film! i cant wait for catching fire to come out in the cinemas!
    PEETA MELLARK FOREVER<3 xx

19. #teampeeta says:

peeta peeta peeta peeta
    peeta peeta♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡# 1 cutest guy alive..to me…=^._.^= MEOW

20. #teampeeta says:

sigh hes so cute i want a man like peeta

21. Alex says:

THERE ARE NO TEAMS.

Katniss was always going to end up with Peeta thematically from the moment you saw how Gale and Peeta were positioned around Katniss with their very different worldviews.That’s why this love triangle stuff and team stuff is dumb. There are no teams. Both guys represent something for Panem’s future. They are symbols not people. Whom Katniss picks and whom she turns her back on, that is the way Panem is going to go. Thematically, only one path makes sense. You know it’s true when even Gale/Katniss shippers say it (while wishing it wasn’t that way lol)

It can’t be Gale. For Katniss on whom the fate of Panem rests, Gale represents militaristic ideals, vengeance, and the past. Even his name reminds me of the soldiers from the Wizard of Oz adaptation (Wicked -circa1995) who were called the Gale Force.

For Katniss, Peeta represents hope, reconciliation, and a new type of future. Too many times, Katniss associates Peeta with hope in her life. Peeta is a homophone of pita which is a type of bread. Panem means “bread” in Latin. Peeta is constantly associated with bread in the books, and his fate throughout the books is tied to Panem’s fate. (falls in love with Katniss in Bk1 as the country falls for her, reaches out for supporting rebellion in BK2, and finally in BK3, he is tortured and a mental mess while the country is torn, chaotic and a physical mess. )

I ship Katniss and Peeta personally but the thematic stuff is great to explore. But taking a look at the story outside of the themes, Katniss changes. Peeta changes. Gale does not. He is the same person he was in the beginning. By the third book, Katniss was thinking of what Peeta would say to this in connection to the rebellion. Gale’s and her compatibility, if there was any, had fallen away completely. She changes to someone, and she always was this person but the experience of the games brought it out, who see the Capitol kids, the Capitol people as human like her. Gale’s opinion of the prep team and how Katniss tries to explain their humanity to him…and he doesn’t get it. To him, they are the enemy so who cares if they dies?. He has a very black/white view of life. Katniss doesn’t think like that. Even agreeing to one final Hunger Games, Katniss wasn’t agreeing to it. She was deciding to take Coin out even then because she realized that Coin is just another dictator in the making.
    Her words before she says it, she thinks of Snow (and likely how they promised not to lie to each other) and most importantly, she thinks that it’s all a circle of people repeating the same actions. In conclusion, Katniss changes and she’s not right for Gale and with him.

As for why she’s right for Peeta and he for her is for another time. I am tired and I want to sleep lol.

1. Admin says:

Thank you! My sentiments exactly, only I’m too lazy to write it down.

22. mrs.louisemellark says:

i LOVE Peeta.I actually cry myself to sleep everynight knowing ill never ever find someone like him.*sob*btw gale fans get the f*ck off this site.team Peeta all the way

23. ashley says:

omg ppl dont start with “team peeta, team gale” WE ALL KNOW WHO SHE ENDS UP WITH!

1. mrs.louisemellark says:

we can do wat we want who r u to tell us what to do

24. Mrs. Peeta Mellmark says:

Peeta had a nightmare I could tell becase he tensed up and let me go.. Only when he woke up he relaxed..

Kylie: Are you okay
    peeta: I am now that I know your here!

25. Kylie says:

Well everybody get over it I am married to peeta he dumped KAtniss sorry everyone. GAle is a jerk so if you guys like Gale that ditches KAatniss in District 12 and stays there then fine Like a jerk then.
    But me and Peeta are happy togther!

haha LOL

26. galelover says:

GALE GEALE GEALE GALE TEAM GALE TEAM GALE!!!!! NOBODY LIKES A SISSY

1. Kylie says:

How can you Like team Gale and then speel his name wrong!!!
      Geale is not how you speel it last time I checked hahah!
      PEETA ROCKs

2. mrs.louisemellark says:

obviously your not a real fan if u dont know how his name is spelt tell me wats his last name?ha u wouldnt know little girl

27. MRS. HAWETHORNE says:

GALE IS BETTER FOR KATNISS THAN PEETA IS!!

28. teamgalealltheway says:

Peeta sucks, all he does is bake some cakes. When gale is starting to death trying to feed his family of 7, he is a man, someone who bakes bread and decorates cakes is not

29. Kate says:

Say the arena’s actually a giant cake..
    – Peeta
    Lol

30. Peeta says:

peeta is amazing. I LOVE HIM!!!!! I missed him at he beginning of mocking jay <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

1. teamgalealltheway says:

TEAM GALE!!

2. #teampeeta says:

right right i hate when they hijacked him grrr

31. elizabeth says:

I Love Peeta! Gale and katniss have a lot in common, but he’s like her brother. Peeta and Katniss should be together! Wait, never mind, ME and Peeta should be together. (: Love ya Peeta<3

32. Admin says:

Seriously, people. Some of us like Peeta, some of us like Gale. Let’s get over it please.

33. :) says:

TEAM FINNICK!!! He’s hot. 🙂

1. melanie says:

no, team Peeta, he is more hot than Finnick, and besides, if i were Katniss, I’d sock him! I think he should have saved Peeta from the capital’s clutch!

Peeta all the way!

2. ♥Melanie Mellark ♥ says:

I have a double crush on Peeta, he is my fav. character! He is the love of my life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

3. He’s not going to be when the movie comes out (2, and 3) ROBERT PATTERSON IS GOING TO BE HIM!!!!!!!!!!! BLEH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

34. jenna says:

Peeta is foreva and nobdy can change that me and josh hucherson will forever get married and have little blond hair and blue eyed kids

35. Anonymous says:

I just want to say that i love peeta!!! <3 also, gale stinks( sorry, im just saying) finally: a: i wish peeta wasnt fictional. b: if a was true, id want katniss to be with gale so i could be with peeta. im like an addict!!!!!!! <3 <3 <3 LOVE PEETA!

36. Katniss everdeen says:

I luv THG i hav red all the books!!!!! They r AMAZING!!!!!!! I think ebry one shood hav a chance to read them

1. Girl on fire says:

I LOVE PEETA!!!!!!!!!! OMG i wood not b able to live if he didnt exist!!!!!!! Team peeta all the way!!!!!!!

37. Chloe Coy says:

Thx so much! Peeta is my fav character!

1. Girl on fire says:

Omg peeta is my fave charactr to

38. HG - Team Peeta fan says:

To all my fellow HG fans,
    I wanna know how many of u think the movie will rock with hutcherson or with Alex Pettyfer??Vote below please! others are also available as in whoever you’d love as Peeta. I’m Pettyfer all the way! Sexy boy Peeta!but sexy boy Alex as Peeta is super sexy!! Yeah I know I’m reaaallllyyyu weird!!!but lemme know and no offense- I hate Josh he may go suck it!

1. Girl on fire says:

How do u hate josh????? Hes soooooooooooo super duper HOT and totally sexy!!!!!

1. #teampeeta says:

true

39. HG - Team Peeta fan says:

In case you haven’t read Mockingjay yet, take my word for it-don’t read it, you’ll cry for months. I’ve read it last August and I’m still crying but also because I read all three right after the first,ask anyone who knows me, I was in a condition I would describe as almost dead because of Peeta and his(I won’t say and spoil it for you) situation. Okay? But I understand your pain so read if you want just be careful and let you tears pour out endlessly-it’ll help.Team Peeta is sooo hot!!!

1. HG - Team Peeta fan says:

Another thing, If were all in love with Peeta we’re gonna have alot of broken hearts here.I hate KATNISS, she’s such a jerk yet she gets the hottest guy existing! PEETA-I love you!!!I so wish he were mine and after finnick and cinna died peeta and gale were the only people I cud choose and obviously I chose Peeta! Ugh the movie is gonna suck with hutcherson and what I find insulting is that we share the same birthday. Damn u Josh and team Peeta -love u forever!!you may go suck it Gale and Katniss.
      PS excuse my rudeness and terrible writing please

40. iwanthim says:

I wish i had my own peeta :c
    </3

41. mrs.mellark says:

I <3 PEETA MELLARK and gale and cato!!! <3

42. supermegafoxyawesomehot says:

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE THAT QUOTE!!!

43. Anonymous says:

I have been obbsessed with peeta since they called him up for reaping and told the bread story. HE IS WAYY BETTER THEN GALE! Gale is the worst person ever. And i agree with the team stuff, dont make this into another twilight. And Josh Hutcherson is the BEST PEETA. Ive been obbsesed with JHutch forEVER, since Little Manhatten<33 I LOVE YOU PEETA<3
    "So do you love me? Real or not real?"
    "Real."

1. Anonymous says:

Oh and i was like his age when little manhaatten came out, and then RV and all those movies. I was like aww hes so adorable<33 so dont hate on josh hutcherson. read the entertainment weekly, hes eexactly like peeta in every way.

44. MARY@TEAMPEETA.COM says:

Really, is anything more impressive than watching a person pick up a heavy ball and throw it a couple of yards. Cause I can’t do that!

I’m in love with Peeta Mellark/ Josh Hutcherson

No teams please. Have nothing against gale or peeta lovers but dont turn this into twilight. Find some new way to express whose side your on like I did by saying, ‘Im in love with Peeta’ not, ‘Team Peeta Hehehe!’

viocing my opinion

45. TEAMPEETA says:

i think we should include this quote i 4 some reson luv it
    “You’ve got to keep them clean, otherwise the infection could spread and—”
    “I know what blood poisoning is, Katniss,” says Peeta. “Even if my mother isn’t a healer.”
    I’m jolted back in time, to another wound, another set of bandages. “You said that same thing to me in the first Hunger Games. Real or not real?”
    “Real,” he says. “And you risked your life getting the medicine that saved me?”
    “Real.” I shrug. “You were the reason I was alive to do it.”
    “Was i?”

1. TEAMPEETA says:

possibly bcuz it is 1 of the first signs of the real peeta showing thru the tracker jacker venom.

46. TEAMPEETA says:

i love PEETA!!!! tho he kinda ruined guys 4 me cuz hes sooo perfect!! thats tha expectations i hv 4 guys now so i ges i’m alone 4 life.
    i <3 u PEETA wish there was a PEETA 4 evry girl who appreciates u from tha beginng
    i am team PEETA all tha way!!!

47. Anonymous says:

Don’t worry, I only fantasize when I am bored haha. But Peeta rules! I like Gale too, though. Again, People: DO NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT make this into a Team Peeta/Gale thing!!!

48. Anonymous says:

I think I’ve gone crazy. One day (Okay, many times) I imagined I was Katniss. In my room, I acted out scences that have with Peeta in them… all the romantic ones, haha. I am NOT guy crazy at all, and I was fantasizing being with Peeta forever. Oh, and people: Do NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT make this a Twilight thing (Team Peeta/ Team Gale).

1. Anonymous says:

idk man thats kinda weird/: lol but i don’t judge you cause peeta is pretty flippin awesome!

49. I’m Team Peeta all the way!

50. future_Mrs._Mellark says:

I,like a peeta luver, Lilly, am 11,too. My big sis’ turned me on to these books and i LLLOOOOOOOOOOOVVVEEE them soooo much! I read the whole series twice and I want to marry peeta so badly!!! But i feel sorry for Gale because he loves Katniss and he had to see Peeta and Katniss kissing…alot. HAHAHA!!!!

1. Anonymous says:

Why can’t Peeta be REAL?!?! :’-(((. I love him! And no. I am future mrs peeta mellark. even if he isnt real….. i will love him forever! On the last book currently.

51. future_Mrs._Mellark says:

I read a comment and why would Prim end up with Gale?! She’s 12! And she couldn’t anyways cuz she DIES!!! I started crying!

1. TEAMPEETA says:

i kno i cried wen prim died!!!! i luved her and she reminded me of my sista so that in a way made it worse.

52. future_Mrs._Mellark says:

I CANT WAIT UNTIL MARCH 23, 2012 WHEN THE MOVIE COMES OUT!!!!!

1. TEAMPEETA says:

me 2 but tha casting is kinda bad.

53. Anonymous says:

I agree with Rini & i_love_the_dandelion_in_the_spring! those are 2 of my favorite parts in the books! I hate when peeta starts screaming,”She’s a mutt! Don’t trust her! She’ll kill you! she’s a mutt!”. When he was highjacked. I love that their daughter has brown hair and blue eyes and their son has blong hair and grey eyes!

54. Anonymous says:

YA! in the last book, Gale blew up the “Nut” and killed everyone inside! He doesn’t realize that all the people come back and haunt you like it does to Katniss. TEAM PEETA!!!!!! Gale is the fire, full of rage. Katniss has tons of that already. But Peeta, the flower in the meadow. Soft-hearted and full of kindness. She can’t survive without him.

1. TEAMPEETA says:

i luvvv PEETA any1 whos wit gale shud rethink their perspective on the book and maybe on life. i totaly agree wit u

55. Rini says:

Hi! I think you should also include this one from “Catching Fire” : “Peeta, how come I never know when you’re having a nightmare?” I say.

“I don’t know. I don’t think I cry out or thrash around or anything. I just come to, paralyzed with terror,” he says.

“You should wake me,” I say, thinking about how I can interrupt his sleep two or three times on a bad night. About how long it can take to calm me down.

“It’s not necessary. My nightmares are usually about losing you,” he says. “I’m okay once I realize you’re here.”

I just thought that was soooooo cute!

56. Ms.mellark says:

I wish Peeta existed in real life. I wish we could somehow clone him. Everyone deserves a Peeta in their lives. <3

57. i_love_the_dandelion_in_the_spring says:

I just want to share this quote from Katniss, she said this in Mockingjay, it’s for those people who insist that Gale should be the one for the girl on fire:

“Peeta and I grow back together. There are still moments when he clutches the back of a chair and hangs on until the flashbacks are over. I wake screaming from nightmares of mutts and lost children. But his arms are there to comfort me. And eventually his lips. On the night I feel that thing again, the hunger that overtook me on the beach, I know this would have happened anyway. That what I need to survive is not Gale’s fire, kindled with rage and hatred. I have plenty of fire myself. What I need is the dandelion in the spring. The bright yellow that means rebirth instead of destruction. The promise that life can go on, no matter how bad our losses. That it can be good again. And only Peeta can give me that.”

1. TEAMPEETA says:

that is my fav quote wen she admits gale is not 4 her. ha team gale i win.

58. awesomeperson!! says:

Okay Peeta is like breathtakingly perfect(as u can see i do crush on him!!!!<3<3<3<3!!)But dont u feel bad for gale? He has to watch his crush making-out with another guy she barley knows.But Peeta is all ovey dovey and that is hot. Iam soooo a peeta lover!!!!!!!!!!!

1. TEAMPEETA says:

i dont actually, he practicaly killed prim himself and he blew up the ‘nut’ even tho there were innocent people in there, he doesnt think.

59. While I was waiting... I ate your lunch. :D says:

Gale doesn’t think. He is hard-headed. He doesn’t care who he kills as long as his side is winning. He loved Katniss, is true but, again, he doesn’t think. Prim was in that wagon thing when he released the bombs. He didn’t think about it. Since the begining Peeta has been in my ♥. The best characters for me are; Katniss, Prim, Rue, Peeta, Cinna, Finnick, and Hymitch. I’ve always love them. I love Hymitch too 😉

60. KatnissMellark says:

“So, since we were five, you never even noticed any
    other girls?” I ask him.

“No, I noticed just about every girl, but none of them made a lasting impression but you,” he says.

61. Peeta Mellark says:

Peeta is and always will be the best! He’s kind loving and constantly doing all he can to protect Katiness. Peeta Mellark all the way!!!!!!

1. TEAMPEETA says:

im trying to think of a possible argument 4 gale and cant come up with anything; he runs on hate, he doesnt mind killing people(occasionally on his own side) and hes just soo jealous all the time i can hardly ever find a part in the last two books wen i like him.

62. asjkdhaskfsgf says:

OHMYGOD. SHUT UP WITH THE “TEAM PEETA”.
    LETS NOT MAKE THIS LIKE TWILIGHT PLEASE 😐 😐

1. i_love_the_dandelion_in_the_spring says:

you’re right on that. Team Jacob vs. Team Edward is nonsense anyway. Bella is for Edward, and Jacob’s gonna fall in love with their daughter, Renesmee.

63. Anonymous says:

What will be the slogan for peeta?

64. shut up. says:

if another person comments ‘team peeta’ i will klafjklefwef.

i love peeta and prefer him to gale.

but we do not need another team edward team jacob shit going on. please. you’re all getting on my nerves.

65. ObsessedWithPeeta says:

I LOVE PEETA MELLARK!!!!!!! he has me head over heels in love <333333 sweet, cute, charming, flawless, loving…..yeahhhh

66. #1PeetaLover says:

I LOVE PEETA!!!!!! SINCE I FIRST SAW HIS NAME ON THE BOOK I NEW I WAS IN LOVE <3. TEAM PEETA FOREVER ND EVER!!!! I LOVE PEETA MELLARK!!!!!! # 1 FAN RIGHT HERE ↓<33333

67. Fabel says:

OMG!! have u guys herd there making a hunger game movie!!! i hope the movie is as good as the book!!! >_.<

they never are tho.

68. Mrs. Mellark says:

IF THERE IS A GUY LIKE PEETA IN THE REAL WORLD……IM GONNA FIND HIM!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE !!!!

1. TEAMPEETA says:

ha watevr not b4 me(im already lookin)

69. Mrs. Mellark says:

70. Boo! says:

IM SORRY! ur mistaken!!! hahaahahahhahahahaha TEAM PEETA!!!! 4EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

1. Mrs. Mellark says:

I FREAKING LOVE PEETA MELLARK!!!! HE IS MY LIFE!!!!! IM AM ACTUALLY OBSESSED!! I LOVE U PEETA!! PEETA PEETA PEETA PEETA PEETA PEETA PEETA PEETA PEETA PEETA PEETA PEETA PEETA PEETA PEETA PEETA PEETA PEETA PEETA PEETA PEETA PEETA PEETA PEETA<3<3<3

71. Dallas Boggs says:

team peeta all the way!!!!!! i am in love with the hunger games trilogy! one of my all time favorite quotes from all three books is from mockingjay the last lines before the epiouge:
    “you love me, real or not real?”
    “real”
    i love it! its hard to pick a favorite book of the three but if i had to it would probably be mockingjay because i love how peeta’s love for katniss overcame the tracker jacker venom te capital used to make him think he hated her. every guy should be like peeta!!

1. TEAMPEETA says:

no actualy then we would all think peeta is a regular guy. obviously not the case. we all wrote somthin bout our undying luv 4 him rite?

72. Anonymous says:

does anyone else not like seeing other people proclaim their love for peeta??

hes mine!!!

1. Anonymous says:

I 100% agree with you, except Peeta is mine. 😉 <3

1. TEAMPEETA says:

nononono u girls-possibly guys-(hey peeta is luvable enuf 4 a guy 2) hv it all rong, if there is any guy on the planet who is like peeta hes mine. and just like katniss if i evr find him, im never lettin go.

73. Rave says:

I LOVE GALE!!!!! pls dont talk shit about gale!! >_< after all this is my opinion!! 😀

1. TEAMPEETA says:

who gives a crap bout gale, whoevr read mockingjay shud eliminate any shread of like towards him, he’s a murderous guy who-4 tha 5000 time of me saying-doesnt think and will kill people from his own team if it means winning.
      tho i do respect ur opinion to slightly apologize because if ur wit gale and thars nothin i can do to change ur mind, then so b it.

74. Sherry says:

yah, im a hunger game fan, but seriously ur life is so pointless talking about boys and stuff like MOVE ON!!! this is just a book!! its not reality!! sure you can talk about the book..but talking about how dreamy the person in the book?? there not alive!! its all in a book!! Is this ur point of life?? goin crazy over a made up guy in a book? if it is, then u seriously has some problems!! life has more meaning to it!!

1. TEAMPEETA says:

aparently sum1 has no imagination, plus if ur gonna say that y come to this website at all, u obviously didnt move us enough 2 make us stop commenting
      i kno it is very immature but a girl can hope can we not?

75. Anonymous says:

what the hell, i love peeta!!!

76. Anonymous says:

I love Peeta but I also love Gale. You feel like you love Gale in the beginning and then fall for Peeta in the end. It is just what happens.

1. TEAMPEETA says:

i totally agree but in the last book i want to go into the book and beat sum sense into him, ugh, i was happy wen peeta and katniss ended up together tho i wud hv been pissed if they didnt.

77. HungerGamesFan says:

Gale is not that bad but peeta is so sweet and nice.

1. TEAMPEETA says:

yes he is!!! did u not read the last book, his only power was hate and anger!!!

78. peetalover says:

I LOVE Peeta! This is so awesome, i pretty much cry when i think about him!

79. peetaforever says:

i read all of the hunger game books and peeta is the one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!GALE U R A JERK AND R RUDE TO KATNISS AND PEETA IS SWEET AND KIND SOOO I THINK THAT PEEETAS THE WINNER!!!!!!!!!

1. galelover says:

gale is not rude to katniss, if anything peeta is when he tries to oil her for the fourth time…

1. galelover says:

i mean kill her, not oil, silly me

80. Nessa Faye says:

I know a peeta. . . *sigh and smile into a distance :)* he evan looks like peetas discription and has a cool name like him. . . (lief)

81. Sherry says:

umm ppl the hunger games series is just a book……im not takin any sides here (weather or not team peeta or team gale) but may i remind u the book is not reality….so calm down on this “team peeta” and “team gale” thing……yah…thats all i got to say XP

1. Nessa Faye says:

chill ur tits were just having fun!

2. Tess says:

If you don’t like the topic, find another site. This forum is for fans ONLY. We love the book, and we can talk about it as much as we want! This is a HUNGER GAMES site, remember?

3. #1PeetaLover says:

Umm excuse me but we get to talk about team peeta or team gale if we want!!! Yur not the king of the world to be telling us wat to do.!! ok.!?? Not to be mean or anything but all yuh guys tht are telling us to chill or stop saying team peeta or team gale, STOP BECAUSE YUH CANT TELL US WAT TO DO OR WAT NOT TO DO!!! TEAM PEETA ALL THE WAY!!!!! I LOVE Peeta with all my heart!!!! <3

82. TEAMPEETA says:

to errbody thats flippin sh*t about teams, STFU, THERE CAN BE TEAMS IF WE WANT.

also, team peeta (:

83. Danica says:

what the hell. Gale wasn’t even part of the Hunger Games so why are all of you comparing him to Peeta. Unless you’re comparing him to Katniss then that’s another story.

1. Nessa Faye says:

ur so confuzzled

84. I Wish Peeta was real ! =P says:

OMG! I <3 Peeta! I just finished the series 2 weeks ago but like every 5 minutes i start whining how the series ended!!! I miss it soo much. Thank you skool for showing me the book!!! TEAM PEETA!!

85. Peetas wife says:

HEs my favorie charector i’m on catching fire omg PEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTTTTTTTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH IIIIIIIIIIII LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE YYYYYYYOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUU FFFFFFOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR AAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD AAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLWWWWWWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

You all can shut up about my husband love him!lol<3

86. Peetas wife says:

I love peeta sooooooooooooooo muchh!!!

87. FutureMrs.PeetaMellark says:

team peeta <3 <3

88. melly says:

Ive only read the first book so far and I’m totally on TEAM GALE! i didnt really like Peeta until the end of the book. will my feelings about this change when i read the second book?? i was coming GALE and Katniss would end up together 🙂

1. Nessa Faye says:

O.o ok watevs more peeta 4 the rest of us. . .

89. Anonymous says:

i could brobably fit the description for peeta based on the quotes said up above

90. so…. why are you on this website if your talking about Britney spears and not Peeta cause this is a peeta fansite???????

91. adi says:

The hunger games is so amazing!!! Me and my class read the first one im gonna read the secong one (peeta is really cute)

92. A Guy says:

Heyy..ima a guy and guess what? there are real people like that out there..I had to read this book for English and hes nothing different just you girls go after the wrong type of people and expect something special…try giving regular people a chance and figure out that they have so much to offer

93. Emma says:

UGH!!! i wish peeta was real… and anyway, he’s so much better for katniss. gale is just annoying. he gets mad at her all the time and doesn’t really listen… PEETA!!!

94. hUnGeR gAmEs says:

<3<3<3<3peeta

95. Anonymous says:

Please not the team peeta, team gale thing this book starting out like twlight would make katniss sound like a whore…Just like “kristen Stewart”/bella

96. hUnGeR gAmEs says:

go here! if u love peeta u will love reading this persons version of the book through HIS eyes!!!!!!!!!!! <3PEETA MELLARK!!!

1. hUnGeR gAmEs says:

yeah thts the website… up there

2. I love peeta says:

That was really good

97. hUnGeR gAmEs says:

i used to think by best friend was insane when she said she was in love with some dude named peeta in a book I was like wat kinda name is tht? plus hes a fictional character! but i read the book….now i totally understand her….truth is….we figfht over him sometimes….im gonna win

98. hUnGeR gAmEs says:

best quote is on pg 263 paragraph 4
    Peeta’s struggling to get up when I reach the cave. “I woke up and you were gone,” he says. “I was worried about you.”
    AAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
    wat i wouldnt give to have peeta say tht to meeeeeeee

1. AHH! i know! i cry at night wishing Peeta was there to hold me in his arms!!! (it’s true)

2. i know! i cry at night wishing Peeta was there to hold me in his arms!!! (it’s true)

1. oops! i didn’t know i said that 2! 😛

2. hUnGeR gAmEs says:

ohemgee me tooo but then i remember tht hes a fictional charcter but then i get sadder!

99. hUnGeR gAmEs says:

this book has literally changed me! (ina good way) im always picturing peeta wounded in the sleeping bag katniss in a tree rue with a spear in her stomach cato being mauled (excuse my spelling) katniss and peeta on the couch their long kiss when they see eachother after they win and OMG THIS BOOK I EPIC!!!! xD xD <3<3<3Peeta<3<3<3

100. hUnGeR gAmEs says:

sorry people tht im posting so many comments in a row cuz like my com wont let me post a long one haha HUNGER GAMES ROCK

101. hUnGeR gAmEs says:

i have 7 words to describe Peeta in—-
    P. E. R. F. E. C. T.

102. hUnGeR gAmEs says:

ok so katniss cant admit her love to peeta she breaks his fragile heart! he loves her and she couldnt possibly think tht they where acting in the cave! I love peeta!!!!!!!

103. hUnGeR gAmEs says:

PEETA IS MY LIFE

104. your losers says:

you are all losers!!! get a life

1. Oh YEAH!!!??? THEN WHY DID U TAKE YOUR TIME TO WRITE THIS IF UR AGAINST THIS YOU HACK! U WOULDN’T KNOW A TRUE LOVE IF IT SLAPPED YOU IN THE FACE!!!

1. hUnGeR gAmEs says:

i like this peetaluver321, they know wat theyre talking about! 😀

2. a girl says:

why dont u shut the hell up just cuz we like peeta dosent mean we r losers whore!!!!!!!!!!

105. Anonymous says:

there is no team Gale because in the end like Katniss says Gale is fire and thats not what she needs Peeta’s the only one who knows what the hunger games does to you, hes the only one that could possibly save Katniss from her nightmares.

106. someone says:

I would soo take Peeta’s soul in Gales smexi body….but i would take Peeta’s hair!

107. Brianna says:

Peeta is to awesome and nice Nd perfect for katniss. Gale goes better with katniss- not peeta. But I am team peeta 100%%%%%%%%% all the way. I need to find a peeta thats hot and caring and deep and loving and idk just like how peeta is

108. someone says:

I LOVE PETTA!!!!! HES SO SWEET! OH, WHY CAN’T HE BE REAL????????????

109. PEETA LOVER says:

IK Right Gale is so unconditionally stupid. He can’t see she loves PEETA more. And its so sad when finnick dies. 🙁 IMMA PEETAIST there is no words to describe peeta except….. HOT SEXY DEEP SEXY NICE BOY WITH BREAD SEXY MINE SEXY LEVEL HEADED CORDIAL KICK ASS SEXY ALLLLL MINE AND DONT FORGET……WILLING TO DO ANYTHING FOR HIS LOVE WE CALL THAT…..SEXY LOL NA IT MEAN GIVING and it make him sound like he cares more about others than himself HE THINKS HE UNIMPORTANT…. MAYBE HE SHOULD READ THESE POSTS I WISH I WAS KATNISS ALL THE PAIN SHE GOES THROUGH PAYS OFF lol love you peeta…..SOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH

110. CoolHeChucksBagsofFlour says:

i didnt hate gale and all but its DEFINITELY a no brainer that peeta is the one for her but now gale is just destroying stuff or at least was… and gale is only best as a friend for her. now he just messes the whole thing up. im at that part where boggs just died and their hiding in that capitol apartment and when peeta started crying cuz he thought it was his fault that mitchell died, i nearly fell apart 🙁 for now the boy with the bread is gone- hey ill take him!!!! ill take him cuz i know he gets better. still sad that he was crying saying they all should return him to the capitol :'(

1. Rue Forever! says:

aww ik!! my favorite thing boggs ever said was “dont expect us to be impressed. we just saw finnick odair in his underware.” 😉 and i agree i dont hate gale but peeta is waaay better for katniss!

111. Anonymous says:

when of the best lines she said haha 🙂

112. Nina says:

Oh my God, Peeta was FIVE when he started to love Katniss? What a joke.

1. Girl on Fire says:

O SHUT UP!!!! its cute!

113. Jewel Carr says:

Yeah, Peeta, the guy who wanted a kiss from a chick when he was naked and in mud. Stand-up guy–not at all a creeper!

1. Tess says:

He wasn’t naked! He had all his clothes on. Later, Katniss had to strip him down to his underwear to clean his wounds. She didn’t want to go past his underwear because she was shy…so cute. She was just kinda wondering, “why am I shy of Peeta if I see my mom doctoring naked guys at home all the time?” Hahaha.

114. Carol Anna says:

OMG, my all-time, number one, absolute favorite quote from Pita is…

“No” (page 268.)

115. (I love people--not bread!) says:

@jetblackhairandgreyeye

YAY!

116. Katniss Everdeen (yeah, the horse's mouth, people!) says:

Team GALE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Gale rhymes with MALE, which is Gale’s gender. Peeta’s is questionable…he’s just not man enough!
    Besides, pita is a kind of bread… :/ Yeah, he’s a baker, but come on! All I see is a slice of bread when I see his name in the book.

1. Girl on Fire says:

O WHAT EVER!!! PEETA ALL THE WAY!!!

2. a girl says:

i dont care peeta is stil SEXYY AS HELL!

1. Peetalover#1 says:

I agree with you HE IS SEXY ALLLLL THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. peeta loves me says:

well ur just jealous cuz peeta is perfect and gale is stupid so deal with it

117. Anonymous says:

Gail rhymes with fail:) Peeta<3

1. hUnGeR gAmEs says:

LoL YES

2. Peetalover#1 says:

you spelled Gale wrong! (sorry dont mean to sound mean)

118. Anonymous says:

I LOVE TEAM PEETA!!!!!

119. Oh my gosh!!! I love PEETA!!! he is the best thing that happend to me!I can relate the hunger games sooo much to my life! theres a boy i really like at my school and he is the spitting image of peeta! He looks alot how suzanne collins describes him! it’s soo cool! I think Alex pettyfer would be PERFECT to play Peeta in the movie next year! ive wacthed the trailers a million times!!! ahh…. I LOVE PEETA!! <3 (Katniss can have gale,…Peeta's mine :D)

1. hUnGeR gAmEs says:

um im sorry i think ur mistaken… PEETAS MINE

1. Oh, whatever! he is all of ours! <3

2. hUnGeR gAmEs says:

Yeah he is!

3. Anonymous says:

definately not my friend… peeta mellark is mine and i just spent hours on the phone with you screamimg my head off cuz i want my book! so im pretty sure you know its me(;

120. Meee! says:

It’s like Edward and Jacob but wayyyyyy better!!!

I don’t like Gale. I love Peeta!! He’s so funnyy<33

and cute(:

and he understands her (:

1. oh yeah! thats what i was thinking! forget team jacob vs. team edward! ITS TEAM PEETA vs. TEAMGALE! (peeta is gonnna win!!!

121. Inspecter Gadget :P says:

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!! the last book is soooo amazing because even though the Capitol like “brainwashed” Peeta he was still able to fight it to be with Katniss <3 😀 ….. Peeta is PERFECT!!!!! and gale can go suck it because if he can handle Katniss at her worst.. he doesn't deserve her at her best (and her best btw is when she is with peeta) 😀 fav qote is in the last book when he says "you love me. real or not rea?" like real obvoisly.. and 2nd fav is def. when Katniss says "stay with me" and he says "always" when he is having a bad flash back… damn he LOVES her <3 <3 <3 <3

122. Peetalover♥ says:

what a amazing book i love all of these quotes!!!!!!!
    one of my favorite quotes in this book is when he calls her sweetheart and says well dont step on me!
    Love Peeta forever!!!!!!!!!!

1. CoolHeChucksBagsofFlour says:

its funny when everyone calls her sweetheart in a sarcastic way

123. Panda lovrt says:

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i love peeta i so want them to make a movie out of this
    my fav quote is when peeta is telling caeser who he is in love with!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    i am glad becuase my teacher put me in a book club and i got the chance to read this amazing book

1. They are! In March! 107 days from today! FYI- that is Dec. 6 2011!

1. Peetalover#1 says:

Now its only 37 days till the movie comes out!!!! OMG SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

124. Anonymous says:

I am in love with PEETA.

1. Peetalover#1 says:

I have peetaphobia!!!!

PEETA MELLARK IM FALLIN’ 4 U!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

125. Peeta girl says:

I love peeta and am so happy he ends up with katniss i just really wish prim would not have died though u know anyway im glad gale went to district two and is probably with someone else now yyyyeeeeaaaahhh TEAM PEETA cause you are perfect

126. avery says:

i am going to marry the actor who plays peeta in the hunger games movie, why are fictional charaters always more attractive then real people?

1. Tess says:

Agreed! Just don’t get your hopes up: Josh Hutcherson is playing Peeta. It SHOULD have been Alex Pettyfer or Hunter Parrish! Alex was my 1st choice. But even if one of them played Peeta,the real Peeta from the book will always be more attractive (and a little more buff from lifting flour bags ;D) than an actor. I love Peeta Mellark.

2. Peetalover#1 says:

Well you arent going to marry the gut that plays PEETA cause Josh Hutcherson is MINE AND ONLY MINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. Peetalover says:

No way! Josh Huterson is MINE! I know everything about him. ( not meaning to be a stalker ) his half birthday is even on my birthday! He was born on Oct. 12 1992, he has two dogs, his moms name is Michelle, he has a brother 3 1/2 years younger than him and he is from Kentucky! He also has a blanket that he calls “yellow blanky” that he still hasn’t got rid of….. And he’s 19! I have to say, I’m In love with Josh’s face and peetas personality. TEAM PEETA!!!!!

1. Peetalover says:

Sorry I took your name peetalover #1! I was in a hurry and didn’t see it.

127. Anonymous says:

EEP! I love Peeta! Why did Katniss have to go breaking his heart in the first book?

128. PEETA LOVER says:

OMGOSH I LOVE PEETA HE MY MAN WE GOT MARRIED IN DISTRICT 12 BECAUSE I LIVE IN THE PLACE WHERE PEETA LIVE AND HE MINE NOW SO BACK OFF HE IS MINE AND ONLY MINE SO YOU ALL GONNA HAVE TO CONVERT TO GALISM O WAIT MY BFF HAVE GALE SO NOW ALL YOU GONNA HAVE TO GO TO HAYMITCHISM CUZ NO ONE LIKE HAYMITCH SO HAHAHAHAHA IN ALL OF YOUR FACE PEETA WHOOOOOOOO YOU MY MAN <3

1. a girl says:

NOPE TO BAD PEETA IS MINE!!!!!!!!!!!

1. CoolHeChucksBagsofFlour says:

dude awesome peetaism, galism, haymitchism, and if you forget the ending, there was finnickism,

2. PEETA IS ALL OF OURS! <3

129. Pita Bread! says:

i love PEETA MELLARK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

130. Meli says:

Peeta is awesome and very sweet im glad he got katniss and had two childeren who by the way r soo cute if u picture them i love katniss and peeta hope they spend there whole lives together in each others arms!!!!! So perfect for each other….. BTW im glad gale left to district two for katniss to forget him and stay with peeta thank you suzanne collins!!!!

131. Waffles says:

I’M TEAM GALE all the way WOOT WOOT hope he’s like superduper hot in the movie that would like make me love him even more!!!

1. a girl says:

GALE IS SO FREAKIN ANNOYING!

2. UR A FREAK KID WHO LIKES GALE!!!! U SO STUPID! ( no offence :P)

3. Peetalover#1 says:

Liam Hensworth plays gale in the hunger games movie.

132. Waffles says:

I like gale, but it’s beacuse Gale just seems a IDK how to describe it and dn’t say he’s a jerk cause he’s not Katniss is the jerk in this story. I think she should’ve married and had kids with Gale instead of Peeta and yes, in the 3rd book she ends up with Peeta an has kids with him (one liitle girl with dark hair and blue eyes and a little boy with blond curls and gray eyes) Makes me mad she chose Peeta, even though he is sweet and kind and yes PERFECT, but he seems a bit too perfect that’s what I’m saying.

1. CoolHeChucksBagsofFlour says:

honestly peetas not perfect through the whole series… and hes perfect in that way where its not creepy. yeah i kinda fell for him. but really when do you find a guy like that? i know hes not real which makes it worse. im still on mockingjay cuz im trying to last it out(its really hard to do) and i already knew that peeta and katniss were gonna stay together… and i really dont get why she never realized that he was the one in the first place

2. a girl says:

WELL U DO HAVE A POINT BUT IM STILL PEETA!

3. R U KIDDING ME????!!!! PEETA 4EVEA KID!!!!

4. Ok… then you need 2 get off this site! This is a team Peeta not a team gAle site! (soory if i sound mean, But I luv Peeta!)

133. Faith says:

Yes i love it!!! PEETA!! So sad mockinjay 🙁 but im glad he got katniss 🙂

1. peeta loves me says:

i no i cried everytime peeta did something that was not like him

134. Lilly says:

Oh my gosh I’m only 11 years old and i LLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEE peeta I’ve read the hunger games 3 times because of Peeta Team Peeta all the way if I could marry one book character it would be PEETA. And Debbie you are a Downer. Team Petta forever man.

135. stepheni says:

Team peeta all the way man!!!!! gale ur goin’ down!

136. Eugiene Crabs says:

Gale is a fail:)

1. bluetrident says:

agreed!

2. Anonymous says:

@EugieneCrabs TRUE THAT!!!!!

3. HAHA! thats a cool ryme!

4. peeta loves me says:

tots i wish he would drop dead not to be mean or anything

137. Sandy sally says:

hey can i catch a ride with u and channing

138. Sammmy sad says:

adios tus amigas!!!! i hope thers no amigos cause tht woul b weuird if u louved peeta!!!!!!!!

139. Cas and liv plus midge this time around says:

jeeesssse yr such a downer debby downer!!!!!!!!! i luv pEeeeta evn tho his fam make bread lik peeta bread!!!:)

140. Debby Downer says:

Srry but peetas not real so stop lovin him hes afictional charcter soooo yeaaaaa but channing tatum, on the other hand ya kno hes real so y not!!!!! hhes superdupre hot

1. whhaaaa??? how could u say that about PEETA!!! he’s real 2 me! forget you! (sory if i sound mean, but im defending PEETA!

2. whhaaaa??? wow, forget you!

3. peeta loves me says:

peeta is real and he is the best person on earth

4. peeta loves me says:

sorry but peeta is real and is the best person in the world

141. C and L says:

cassie and liv lovvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee peeta mellark and his eyelashes his superduper hot u cam totlay tel!!!!! she has to pick him and not gale and better not be someone lik kristin stewart playing her in the movie that already ruined one bopok tht i like so yea finnick hot to but lik honsetly go away and that galle has that burn on the side of his face hes no t even hot any more soooooooo yea!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. My sister’s name is cassie!

1. Peeta Mellark says:

omg my sister name is cassie too! i love peeta and it is fun t say in a british accent

2. Peetalover#1 says:

I am in love with the boy with the bread. Everytime I see a dandelion I think of him!!!! <3 <3 <3

142. Anonymous says:

Team Peeta all the way, gale mm.. not so much

143. ijustlovepeetasomuch says:

I LOVE YOU PEETA! PEETA FOREVER and EVER!

Out of 6,813,000,000 people in this world, i choose YOU! :”> Because,you are amazing just the way you are. My love for you is SO BIG! <3

iloveyou PEETA MELLARK! <3 🙂 That is a FACT! 🙂 <3

1. dede says:

Peeta all the way, Gale – not so much

1. peeta loves me says:

totally peeta is soooooooo sweet and loves katniss with all his heart and gale is sooooooo hostile and mean and SPOILER ALERT just leaves katniss in the end for some fancy job sooooooooooooo
        team peeta
        and team boo gale

144. TEAM PEETA all the way :D says:

peeta is amazing. he is so sweet and funny, and perfect! i have like this huge crush on him i soo wish i was katniss 😉

1. I wish that I was katniss 2! totally seeing the movie!

145. Anonymous says:

I ♥ Peeta!!!

146. jetblackhairandgreyeyes says:

TEAM GALE! :”> HAHAHAH! sorry guys 😛

1. hUnGeR gAmEs says:

you loser get a life =P how do u be on the side of someone who blows up his crush’s sister!?

1. WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT???? R U TALKING TO ME??

2. hUnGeR gAmEs says:

noooooo im talking to the “team gale” loser up there! I <3 Peeta!!!!!!!!

3. peeta!! says:

HE DIDNT BLOW HER UP!! it sais specifically in the book- they dont know if it was gails bomb or the capitol & anyway if it was gail lets say, he threw it on the capitol ppl peacekeepers & it blew up again later when prim came 2 help the wounded. so even if it was him it was a huge accident not on perpese!

2. Anonymous says:

Gale is not caring and he is mean but peeta is always nice and caring towrds katniss go peeta

1. Yeah! imwith you on that! go peeta! gale is ok,BUT PEETAWILL ALWAYS BE # 1

2. Peetalover#1 says:

I wish I will marry a man as kind and so clever with words like Peeta!!!! <3

PEETA I LOVE U!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

147. Anonymous says:

i love peeta!! I don’t see howw katniss could even think about picking gale over him

148. Hanhan ;o says:

So..Peeta is so much better than Gale. Gale is cocky and pushy and he wants to have the final “manly” say between Katniss and himself.
    Peeta <3 is caring and listens and can always brighten the mood. 🙂 PEETA FTW!

1. team peeta :) says:

2. gale fan says:

Nooooooooo! dumby dumby dumby
      Everyone knows it’s Gale even you do deep in ur heart

1. i say anyone whos a gale fan: DONT BOTHER POSTING ANYTHING AGAINST PEETA!!!

2. Vera says:

It’s Peeta. Say’s so in Mockingjay. gale is not the right one for Katniss. Katniss said it herself. it’s nat the destructive fire in Gale that she needs. She needs Peeta, a little gentleness and softness in her life. Sorry for my english.

3. hUnGeR gAmEs says:

u . have. problems. just leave. if u hate peeta so much then y did u go on this website hmmmmm??

4. supermegafoxyawesomehot says:

Gale is a jerk who does not know how to admit his real feelings until he is pissed of and is agressive. if he had married Katniss i predict thier marrage would end in katniss being abused by him and him ending up like haymitch, a drunk, out of anger at the world so he drinks away his sorrow.
        Gale can go die a fiery death and while Katniss is greiving PEETA will be thier comforting and still thinking of gale as a friend even though he tried to steal katniss from him
        P.S. STOP SAYING TEAM PEETA!

1. caliy says:

team peeta

2. peeta!! says:

i rly love peeta 2 n im rly happy that katness chose 2 b with him but lets not exagerate bout gail! katness n gail were best friends 4 half her life! she loves gail 2 n he was always there 4 her taking care of her family…he would NEVER do anything 2 hurt katness n if u think gail tried 2 steal katness from peeta u could c it also as peeta stealing katness from gail cuz she knew gail way longer n she loved both of them. it sais so in the book!
          PEETA <3 <3 <3

149. Janie says:

Catching Fire:

“Most of my nightmares are about losing you. I’m okay once I realize you’re here.”

-Peeta Mellark!!!!!!!!

1. hUnGeR gAmEs says:

🙂 Peeta is amazing isnt he?

2. Anonymous says:

whenever i read quotes like these i feel warn inside and then i want to start crying

3. I lovw this quote! It almost made me jump out of my seat! BTW- I would of except that I was in the middle of science class!
      TEAM PEETA ALL THE WAY PEEPS! GALE RYHMES WITH FAIL!

4. Peetalover#1 says:

The Hunger Games

“I wish i can find a way to show the Capitol they don’t own me.”

-Peeta Mellark <3

1. “I wish I could freeze this moment right here, right now and live it forever.”

-Peeta Mellark <3

I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

150. Anonymous says:

i love Peeta! he is the best <3
    my book is on order and i can't get it for another few weeks 🙁 if Katniss or Prim end up with Gale i'll cry T_T the first two books were really good and hopefully the last one will be too!!!!!!

1. pineapple says:

IT IS!!!!

151. Anonymous says:

TEAM Peeta all the way!!! he is the best 😀 the end of mockingjay is really good ….exept when …prim…

1. mrs.Mellark! says:

IKR! :'(

152. Kate says:

TEAM PEETA!! <3 i think i have a tiny, okay HUGE, crush on peeta. what i wouldnt give to be katniss. i love peeta's quotes in catching fire, where he says, "I just want to spend every possible minute of the rest of my life with you" And when he says "I wish i could freeze this moment, right here, right now, and live in it forever." gosh, i love him. he's officially the standard i will hold all men to in the future.

1. Anonymous says:

Totally agree i will judge every man against Peeta Mellark

153. Anonymous says:

Wow! I love to read Peeta’s quotes all the way! Someone in real life could be just like him?

1. I know someone alot like Peeta… He is soo sweet!

154. Anonymous says:

love peeta

155. Anonymous says:

Peeta.

156. Anonymous says:

I am in love.

157. Mrs. PeetaMellark ! says:

TEAM PEETA !! Peeta is the most best character ever ! :3

I absolutly love him to death and he is soo amazing and sweet and funny and kind and PERFECT!!!

TEAM PEETA MELLARK ALL THE WAY !

158. Anonymous says:

peeta is the best character in the history of books. him and finnick odair

1. team peeta :) says:

i totally agree. Peeta and Finnick are so sweet and funny!

1. OH! i agree too! 100% Peeta and Finnick are the best characters in the series!

1. PEETA FOREVA says:

I LOVE PEETA JOSH HUTCHERSON IS JUST AS I THINK PEETA SHOULD BE LIKE SO TEAM PEETA ALL THE WAY I HEART YOU PEETA IS BEAST

2. TeamFinnickMellark says:

They keep the books entertaining! ‘Lets let Peeta claim it since he died today,’ Sorry but only Finnick OFREAKINGDair can pull that one liner off.

2. supermegafoxyawesomehot says:

hahahahaha “Want a sugar cube?”

1. fiolet says:

if i was katniss i’ll say ” i do i want , loverboy “

2. Anonymous says:

i so agree. and gale is such a JURK!!!!!!!!

1. BOB says:

Gale isn’t perfect, but he is not a jerk! He is just jealous.

2. Vera says:

@Bob: Gale is destructive, he always wants death, he doesn’t feel bad about killing people as long as their winning. He is even ready to kill people at his own side.

3. Anonymous says:

Gale Never Killed A Human being Just Animals & He does it TO SURVIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. bb says:

animals? uhhh anonymous, have you read mockingjay?

5. LongLiveRueAndPrim says:

@bb I agree. Have you? He was going to kill the District 2 citizens. Even the ones who are forced against their will to go. Like Katniss’ father.:( Peeta…We’re loving you.

6. Anonymous says:

He turns into some kinda killing machine in mockingjay, oh lets blow up the mountain where a bunch of people from district 2 are.

7. taylor says:

Gale can go blow up in a cole mine for all i care 🙂 GO TEAM PEETA!!! <3

1. Somedody 123 says:

Team Peeta too but Gale can’t die!!!!!!!

3. Anonymous says:

OMG!!! i toyally agree w/ u! Have you guys read the third book yet? I started crying about 3 times. And i agree with everyone. TEAM PEETA!!!!! My sis’ said that she hated Peeta in the 1st book and i started screaming at her, “HOW CAN YOU HATE PEETA?! HE IS WAAAY BETTER FOR KATNISS THAN GALE! SHE CAN’T SURVIVE WITHOUT PEETA!” Cuz, if you read the last book, then on the last page it explains why she can’t survive without Peeta. I love the last lines.
      “You love me. Real or not real?”
      “Real.”

That is Peeta first, then Katniss answering him. The books make me so frustrated, but i LOVE them!

1. PeetazKatniss says:

Yeah, how can somebody hate Peeta??

2. fiolet says:

@Anonymous i’m so fckng agree with you ! that was my favorite part of the book , a game of real or not real ! you know my feel ? grrrrggg … i love peeta all the way ! a loverboy <3

159. Anonymous says:

TEAM PEETA! m/

1. Melanie J. says:

omg!

160. Flo says:

Peeta has humor and a really soft side….. but he is clever and cunning at the same time!!!!! He has got to be the best guy ever! Team Peeta all the way!!!!!

1. Melanie J. says:

ok AGAIN WITH THE TEAM PEETA!!! but i REALLY like the rest of ur comment 🙂

1. LongLiveRueAndPrim says:

People say “Team Peeta!” or “Team Gale” because in Catching Fire not many notice but you have to choose between Peeta or Gale.

1. TEAMPEETA says:

everyone is soooooo STUPID. it IS team gale or team peeta because katniss DOES have to pick between the two of them…DUH!

TEAM PEETA FOREVERRRRRRRRRRRRR

2. mrs.Mellark! says:

yea pretty much but I still think people really shouldnt do this “team Peeta Team Gale” stuff because I REALLY dont want this to end up like twilight!

161. Rose Anne says:

Team Peeta !
    I really love this !
    My favpurite is when he tells her about the first time he saw her and that’s when she noticed and started have feelings for her !

I LOVE PEETA MELLARK !

1. Melanie J. says:

okkkkkk i know that Peeta is AWESOME!!! but PLEEEEAAAASSSEEEE dont start the team peeta team gale stuff!! i REALLY dont want this to end up like twilight

1. marc says:

I know! Lol its kinda annoying

2. shut up. says:

i agree.
        stfu about the team peeta shit.
        please. now.

3. me says:

i completely 100% agree

4. ashley says:

compleatly agree!

1. emma says:

I am totally Team Peeta!!!!!!!

5. Victoria says:

I don’t think it’s annoying. It could be because I’m a huge Twilight fan too, but I mean, Twilight doesn’t own the idea of teams. And usually when there’s a love triangle, it’s natural to want to pick sides, saying I’m “Team Peeta” or “Team Gale”! Even in Harry Potter, the same idea was presented, except in ships (ex. I ship Dramione). And I’m not saying one way is better than the other, but does it really matter? I’m not saying that The Hunger Games is all about the love triangle either, but a diehard fan has to admit that it’s a significant part of the book. You would think real fans would understand the logic, and even as respectful human beings, respect other fandoms. You know that Stephenie Meyer has actually read the Hunger Games and has PRAISED it? Even if you hate Twilight, shouldn’t you at least respect her enough to recognize good literature when she sees it, and treat her like a fellow fan?

All I ask if that you open up your mind a little bit. TEAM PEETA, BABY!(: <3

6. Marlene says:

I totally hate when people are like, “I’m Team Peeta!” or, “I’m Team Gale!” First of all, this isn’t Twilight. Second of all, all this “Team Peeta” and “Team Gale” stuff confuses me, because to me, Peeta was Katniss’s only future.

1. carrie says:

I agree Peeta is Katniss’s furture she has no other choice.
          And if she did have a choice it would be no one at all she said herself she is never getting married. And all this “Team” stuff is only for Twilight. If you want to be doing Team stuff do somewhere else!

2. Anonymous says:

i know right!! I LOVE PEETA MELLARK too!! he is so amazing

3. caliegh says:

please oh please dont start this team peeta team gale crap. this isnt that shitty twillight saga

1. Anonymous says:

Um, you guys cant start telling people whether or not they can say ‘Team Whoever’ or whatever. If they pick a team, let them do it! It is none of your business. Gosh, why dont you just enjoy they books and stop arguing with each other.

2. Victoria says:

You may not like Twilight, but at least have some respect. As a decent human being, you may as well have respect for other fandoms. Did you know that Stephenie Meyer has actually read the Hunger Games trilogy and ENJOYED it? In fact, she’s praised it. Can’t you at least respect her for knowing good literature when she sees it, and treat her like a fellow fan, rather than calling the series she’s created the last couple years of her life shitty? Honestly, I don’t think you can come up with anything better, nor would you end up that successful, rich, or famous if you did write a book. So stfu 🙂 AND TEAM PEETA!!!

1. Luke says: