Complete Song List from STEP UP

I really liked the movie “Step Up” and have been listening to the soundtrack nearly everyday on my way to and from the office. It’s a lot of fun to listen to, but I kept thinking I would prefer a CD containing all the songs from the movie in the order they were played. For some reason I never thought to check out the list of songs in the credits, but found a song list from IMDB.  I added some scene descriptions and did some minor corrections on the list.

Petey Pablo – Show Me The Money (included in the soundtrack)

This was played during the opening credits where they interposed scenes of dancers doing ballet and hip-hop to show how dancing has inherent similarities.

Clipse – Ain’t Cha (included in the soundtrack)

This was played during the opening party scene at Omar’s, when Skinny bugged Mac (who was making out with a strangely deep-voiced woman) to leave the party saying, “This party’s whack.”

T I – Get It

This was played in the scene you can call “Where Tyler’s At,” which was the first time we see Tyler dancing (and with PJ’s girlfriend too).

Dolla – Feelin’ Myself (included in the soundtrack)

This was the song Tyler listened to when he headed straight to his room (“I’m not hungry”) after getting 200 hours of community service.

Kathleen Crees – Violette

This was played while Tyler was on his balcony looking outside, after telling his foster sister Camille to get out of his room.

Jeanette Ortea et al – Maidens of the Grove

This was the song being sung by the three girls in the hallway of MSA, when Tyler first got there.

Nuttin but Stringz – Canon in D

This was the song played by the violinists in the hallway of MSA.

Black Sheep – The Choice Is Yours

This was played while Tyler was dancing in the parking lot in his “garbage man jumpsuit,” when he noticed Nora watching him from a window.

Mark Ronson – Little Dap

This was played when Tyler, Mac and skinny were playing basketball at the court.

Shilo Monaco – Shilo’s Piano

This was the song played by the student practicing on piano while Principal Gordon was looking on approvingly. According to the DVD commentary, this was really the composition of the guy playing the piano.

Ron Feemster Cleaning Song

This was played while Tyler was cleaning MSA and being a jerk about it.

Fatboy Slim and Macy Gray – Love Life

This was played when Nora was auditioning sophomores to be her temporary partner while Andrew was out injured, which was one of the funniest parts of the film. This should have been included in the soundtrack I think.

Chris N Drop – Crazy Strings

This was played while Nora rehearsed alone, waiting for Tyler.

C. Ride – Pushin’

This was played while Tyler and the boys were going to Omar’s, and found out that them “dudes froze out.”

Chris Brown – Say Goodbye (included in the soundtrack)

This was played while Lucy and Nora were talking in the cafe about Nora being so defensive and denying her feelings about Tyler.

Samantha Jade – Step Up (included in the soundtrack)

This was played during the montage of Nora and Tyler rehearsing. There were lots of funny scenes there. It was also used in the Step Up Dance Contest.

Josh Henderson – Philosophy

This was the song that Brett (Nora’s soon-to-be ex-boyfriend) was recording in the studio with Miles when Tyler came in late for his rehearsal with Nora. I wish this was included in the soundtrack so that we can hear the entire song.

Kwame B. Holland – Tonight

Gina Rene – U Must Be (included in the soundtrack)

This was played in that rooftop scene where Tyler and Nora danced. This has got to be one of my favorite scenes of all time.

Jamie Scott – Made (included in the soundtrack)

This was the song Lucy’s older, “sophisticated” boyfriend Colin performed in the club. I love this song. Interestingly enough, Colin’s real name Jamie Scott is also the name of the son of my favorite TV show couple (Nathan and Haley from One Tree Hill).

Sean Paul & Keyshia Cole – Give It Up to Me (included in the soundtrack)

This was the song played after Colin and his band took a break. He met Tyler and convinced Miles to play with them, while Nora arrived and headed to Tyler. Channing Tatum (who plays Tyler Gage) and Jenna Dewan (who plays Nora Clark) appeared in the music video and did a really cute dance sequence.

Drew Sidora featuring Mario – ‘Til the Dawn (included in the soundtrack)

This was the song Lucy performed in the club, when Nora asked Tyler to dance. He didn’t know it was a line dance, and fumbled through the steps at first, then ended up showing off his dance skills. My favorite scene in the entire movie!

Drew Sidora featuring Mario – For the Love (included in the soundtrack)

This was played while Lucy (played by Drew Sidora) and Miles (played by Mario) were talking after the performance. This was the song on the background when Tyler and Nora finally had their first kiss.

Kelis – ’80s Joint (included in the soundtrack)

This was played during Tyler and Camille’s dance-off while playing with a ball. FYI, Camille (played by Alyson Stoner) is actually the amazing kid dancing in the music videos of Eminem’s Lose It (ha-ha-ha-ha-ha) and Missy Elliot’s Work It.

Novel – Damn

This should have been included in the soundtrack! This was played during another montage of Tyler and Nora rehearsing and goofing around.

Anthony Hamilton – Dear Life (included in the soundtrack)

This was played after Tyler and Nora’s major fight, because Andrew came back and Tyler had to drop out of the showcase.

Pitbull – Toma

This was played during the party scene at Omar’s, when Mac said “All these girls and he [Tyler] don’t feel like dancing.”

Rhymefest – What Up!

This was also played during the party scene at Omar’s.

Ryan “Alias” Tedder – Attention Please

This was also played during the party scene at Omar’s.

Youngbloodz – Imma Shine (included in the soundtrack)

This was the song Miles played in Omar’s party, to which Nora did lyrical jazz (her favorite style of dancing according to her audio commentary) and Tyler did hip-hop. This was also the song playing when Skinny got shot.

Tchaikovsky – Swan Lake Waltz

This was the song the ballerina was dancing to during the showcase.

Young Joc – ‘Bout it [instrumental] (included in the soundtrack, but with vocals)

This was the song used during the showcase. What a way to end the movie!

Ciara – Get Up (included in the soundtrack)

This was played during the closing credits where they included submissions from the dance contest. Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan also appeared in the music video wearing black leather.

71 Comments Add yours

1. look here says:

I simply want to tell you that I am just beginner to weblog and truly liked this blog site. Probably I’m likely to bookmark your website . You certainly come with exceptional stories. Thanks a lot for revealing your website page.

2. Akram says:

I remade Miles’ violin track (Kwame B. Holland – Tonight) using FLstudio 11. Check it out here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSU22vaTF4Q

3. While practicing these guidelines will provide you with more privacy and security only, it shall
    be significantly less effective if your Facebook contacts usually
    do not practice them too.

4. Ada says:

What’s Taking place i am new tto this, I stumbled upon this I’ve found It absolutely useful and it has aided me out loads.
    I’m hoping to give a contribution & assist other users like its aided
    me. Great job.

5. Geoff Howard says:

Does anybody know where I can get hold of a copy of the music played during Jenna Dewans ‘Graduation’ performance many say it is on the soundtrach CD but this is not so, everything on the CD is a song but the dance performance was an elongated instrumental.

6. Great blog here! Also your website loads up very fast! What host are you using?
    Can I get your affiliate link to your host? I wish my site loaded up
    as quickly as yours lol

7. Sarah says:

I am trying to find the song Chase Collins danced too during Blakes first class.

8. Aaasuuu says:

the best of all

9. With havin so much written content do you ever run into any issues of plagorism or copyright infringement?
    My site has a lot of unique content I’ve either written myself or outsourced but it seems a lot of it is popping it up all over the internet without my authorization. Do you know any methods to help reduce content from being ripped off? I’d truly appreciate it.

10. Wedding industriousness sproul is a must for projecting makesn’t always occur. Do you lay claim that you sustained injury as just represented diagnosed for gamey rakehell pressure level, consider yourself prosperous. Please visit us and see for yourself how on Mortgages Toronto hither.

11. yolo says:

best list ever ta=hank but what song was it at the really beggening

12. Albert says:

I quite like reading an article that can make people think.

Also, thank you for allowing me to comment!

13. Smile says:

Thanx a ton …… : ) love tyler n nora ….. dancing together !!!!

14. My brother recommended I might like this website. He
    was totally right. This post truly made my day.
    You can not imagine simply how much time I had spent for this
    information! Thanks!

15. Hi there! This article could not be written much better! Reading through this
    post reminds me of my previous roommate! He always kept preaching about this.
    I’ll forward this post to him. Fairly certain he will have a great read. Many thanks for sharing!

16. Howdy would you mind letting me know which hosting company you’re utilizing? I’ve loaded your
    blog in 3 completely different internet browsers and I must say this
    blog loads a lot faster then most. Can you suggest a good hosting
    provider at a honest price? Cheers, I appreciate it!

17. Thanks! says:

Thank you for the detailed list!!

18. Rimas says:

Kwame B. Holland – Tonight – its is not the song where Tyler invited more dancers so that it would be the way Nora imagined…. I mean the scene where Gordon came to take a look what they created. “Wow, the previous routine was great….but this….this…. can actually work. how did u come up with this? Nora: it is actually Tyler’s idea”
    I think you got the scene i mean, so what’s the song ?

19. Bailey says:

Can someone tell me what the song was when Nora was with Moose and Moose’s phone rang and it was his mom, and then he played some more of his ringtones to Nora and he was dancing on the stairs..? Please, and thank you! 🙂 x

1. Umang Singh says:

name of the song is “the way i are”

20. check it out says:

I got this web page from my buddy who told me regarding this web
    page and now this time I am visiting this web page and
    reading very informative content at this time.

21. blade says:

thanks man

22. Jessica says:

there is a reggaeton song that plays at the end where all the students come out and start dancing. I thought it was wisin y yandel. I had the song on a cd i burned and can’t find nor can remember the song anymore! Anyone know?

23. Nigga says:

thx bro 4 this

24. PRINCE ALEX says:

zo cUTE…!

25. Naveena K says:

Thanks bro…

26. shraddha says:

hey..thanks for dis ..i hav been dying to find all these songs..btw i can find josh henderson’s philosophy anywhere..help me find it.. thanks a lot for d tracks again..

27. Anonym says:

Heey! Do you know what song it is, when Tyler is in the bus listening to the song after he’d left Nora because of her real partners leg was fine again?
    Pleeeease, I need it so very much!

28. Nitika says:

thanks so very much for all this ! <3 🙂 the hard work is showing!!
    can you confirm one thing for me, is it really 'Philosophy' which nora's ex sung ????? i am in huge confusion here 🙁 i love that song but can't seem to find the right one !! please help me out !!!!!!! bye! <3

29. mariebel says:

thank you so much for putting this up..you helped me a lot! you see.. i’ve been searching for the movie’s soundtrack for years!!!! by the way..i think Nora is the best female dancer step up ever had. She’s totally amazing & plus i’ve read on the internet that she is actually A PROFESSIONAL dancer..its her forte. channing tatum is hot,talented and whew! hot..wait did i mention he’s hot?? hahaha..love him..the best male dancer too. STEP UP 1 IS MY ALL TIME FAVORITE ♥♥♥

30. aadil says:

i cant find Josh Henderson – Philosophy sound track anywhere plz hlp me get it

31. naga says:

dude i think the song u entered “Kwame B. Holland – Tonight”
    which Miles played for Nora, and was used during the group rehearsal,,,,,i cant find that song…..and kwane is something diff one….

32. humera says:

i think that,this is the most marvellose song from the bottom of my heart

33. Hey anyone knows wats the name of the song : wen andy got expelled and she’s packing her stuff. Its a sad song.

34. ledy cruz says:

well to me it was the best of all because it was romantic!!! also the others was good!!

35. NILESH SATISH PRABHU says:

hey m wanted 2 know the music name which u danced in the inal show.

36. Chery says:

can anyone help me?…I really want to find the Kwame B. Holland – Tonight

“According to the website where I got this from, this was the new song Miles played for Nora, and was used during the group rehearsal (when Tyler found dancers to do back-up for Nora, so she could have it the way she imagined her routine to be). This is kind of weird though, because I think it was ‘Bout It. I’ll have to watch the movie again and check.”…but i didn’t find the song..maybe is not the right one..please if you now the name of it or if you find it tell me..please…it’s the best thing i ever heard and i just can’t find it..thank you so much

37. Anonymous says:

the best soundtracks are only found here i love actress as she devosed me

38. Anonymous says:

So happy you put this up. I hate how soundtracks are never in order. One of the songs on the soundtrack wasn’t in the list though. Lovely by Deep Side. Any idea where that was in the movie/order?

39. passionate says:

thank you, posting this up, very helpful. But you know that “Ron Feemster – Cleaning Song

This was played while Tyler was cleaning MSA and being a jerk about it. ” this song can`t find full version. I`ve found it so Long time. BUT all about this song is a part of the movie scene added. SO I sincerely want to hear full song. you have it??

P.S. I`m nat an american, and English speakers. so I`m poor at English. i want you to get it.
    latly, this is my blog “http://passionate03.blog.me” Come to play!! hh good bye.

40. Anonymous says:

Thanks, this is really helpful and pretty clear too

41. Anonymous says:

what is the song played in the dvd menu? its instrumental

42. anonymous says:

what is the song from the trailers? it starts out with the really cool violin portion, but i thought it was a whole song…

1. Anonymous says:

imma shine- youngbloodz

1. Marge says:

wYp2W5 That’s the best answer of all time! JMHO

43. Georgia'Nichole says:

Madest movie, Lucy’s got the bomb voice in that song she sings & Mario madest nigga ay! I got the step up sound trak its sick

44. Anonymous says:

THX MAN!! I’ve been looking for this

45. marie says:

hmm i don’t think it is…

46. Soph says:

I’ve been looking for the same song, the beat that noras dancing to when her n Tyler first meet, can’t find it anywhere but someone said it was a sped up instrumental of the beginning of mj’s- the way you make me feel.

1. priscilla says:

yeah! if you listen to the beat in the movie and to the instrumental of mj’s the way you make me feel, it’s perfectly correlated but just tweeked to make it sound more modern

47. marie says:

do you what’s the music that is played during Nora’s dance class, when she and tyler meet the first time?

48. tin says:

thank ya soooooooo much….u r helpful

49. Anonymous says:

Whats the name of the instrumental at the end when they start the showcase

1. Anonymous says:

bout it (instrumental)- young joc

50. hayley says:

i’ve met rymefest!!!!

51. Anonymous says:

thank you for this but i cant seem to listen to “crazy strings” by chris n drop anywhere!

52. bee says:

omg ive been watching step up all day and i could not find the song damn on line you dont know how many times i typed in the lyrics in google. thanks alot!

53. Anonymous says:

thank you very much for posting every song titles in the movie making…i had watched the movie 6 times & finally, i found waht i’ve been looking for..thanks you

54. Anonymous says:

thanx so much for putting this on here

i agree Damn should have been put on ive been looking for it everywhere

55. Josh says:

so i saw someone commenta bout the song i want.. its the one where nora is in class and the instructor is counting but there is a beat.. and same song is in step up 2 when andy first goes into MSA

56. Erica says:

Thank you so much for this website!!!!! I have been dying to fund out the names of lots of songs that I found here!!

57. scos18hua says:

I too had an obsession with this movie. i actually found your page through another one of you obsessions, one tree hill and naley. I just started my own blog and am formatting it much after your blog, hope you don’t mind. I find it funny we have so much in common.

58. Emma says:

Hi – I’m looking for the name of the song where there’s the lyrics ‘i see you, give it to me’. Any ideas?

1. Anonymous says:

bout it instrumental- young joc

59. Anonymous says:

hey thanks this was really helpful!!,but mate where can i download these songs(the one which are not included in soundtrack)

60. Renette says:

I’ve always wanted to, but I never found the time…

61. Chantal says:

You should do Step Up 2!

62. Renette says:

I’m pretty sure it was just drum beats and the character of the ballet instructor, Stephanie (played by director Anne Fletcher) saying “And a one and two and three and four and five and six and – good, Nora…” on the background. I think there wasn’t any song playing.

63. Anonymous says:

What about the instrumental where Nora first saw Tyler. She was dancing in a class? Any thoughts on a name? Thanks.

64. Anonymous says:

Thanks for posting this up – Young Joc’s ‘Bout it instrumental used for the final showcase was one of my favourite soundtracks – thank you